Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I tried to set an amazon firestick on my Viera TXL37S20B TV

Customer Question

I tried to set an amazon firestick on my Viera TXL37S20B TV and succeeded. After set up and touching my TV remote it took over and the Firestick did not work. Realising there was interaction and using the TV remote I moved to HDMI CEC Device Control on a 'Firestick screen' . I switched off Device control. Since then neither of the remotes and the TV Viera features do not work. How can I resolve?
JA: Are there buttons on the side, bottom, or back of your Viera?
Customer: Control buttons are on the right hand side of TV
JA: What menu options can you access, if any?
Customer: Ontghe TV remote the TV and AV buttons work,the channel and volume controls and the Guide also. On the side of TV all except the F button seem to work..
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not at present
Category: TV
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 10 days ago.

Expert:  Nathan replied 9 days ago.

As a starting point, we'll need to reset the Firetv system:
Power off the tv and disconnect both power and hdmi from the Firetv.
Remove the batteries from the Firetv remote
Wait 5 minutes,
reconnect hdmi, then plug the Firetv power back in (using only the firetv wall adapter, not the tv usb)
put in a new set of fresh batteries into the Firetv remote
power the tv on, and make sure the tv is set to the right input to match where the firetv is connected (hdmi1, hdmi2, etc)
when you see the Firetv logo show on screen, press and hold the PLAY button on the Firetv remote for 15 seconds.

Let me know the results.

Nathan