hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Installer
Experience:  I am a certified Cable Television installer in the state of Hawaii
40928634

I recently purchased JVC LT-40C790 40" Smart Led TV. I am

Customer Question

Hi, I recently purchased JVC LT-40C790 40" Smart Led TV. I am quite deaf and rely on subtitles when watching. However I find that when streaming many of the dramas I like to watch, the subtitles are not available, so I am unable to follow them. Could you please tell me if this is the norm with this model, or is it my broadband connection?
JA: What JVC model do you have? How old is it?
Customer: It is a 40" Smart Led TV ref. JVC LT-40C790 as stated above - is that the information you need?
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I am old and not very tech-savvy so dont understand what you mean by source/inputs.
JA: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been an issue with your LT-40C790? What happened right before this?
Customer: Since I bought it in September of this year. I bought a bigger screen so that the subtitles would be bigger but this has not happened.
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I dont think so.
Category: TV
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I would prefer to speak to you on this screen rather than on my mobile phone. I take too long to text a message.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
The TV also turns itself off from time to time, which is quite annoying.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Approximately how long does it take to receive an answer from the electronics technician?
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 8 days ago.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Please cancel my question thanks
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 6 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! Sorry for the delay in replying.
I am hongkongpom, an independent support technician based in South Africa, that uses JustAnswer to connect with customers.
Please ignore any popup advertisement offers of "Secure Remote Assistance" or a "telephone call", as they are not sent by me.
Please note that I am only allowed to answer ONE question per session.
Please type in the box below, then click on the "Send" button to send me your reply.

When streaming you have to turn on the CC (Closed captions) from within the app that you use to watch the streaming movies. You haven't stated what you use to stream the apps please?
Unless you are watching TV using a roof aerial you don't activate the CC on the TV itself but from the source of the TV be in Sky or Roku stick or the app running on the TV itself.

A bonus is much appreciated thank you!
Please contact JustAnswer customer service directly for any billing issues.