hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Installer
Experience:  I am a certified Cable Television installer in the state of Hawaii
40928634

I just bought a new Panasonic tv and trying to set it up but

Customer Question

I just bought a new Panasonic tv and trying to set it up but my tv is supplied via virgin cable how do I set the tv to connect to the cable bix
Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Panasonic GS350 just bought today new
Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Pi have not tried changing anything when it went through the install menu I picked cable
Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?
Customer: Just trying to do the first installation but it can’t find any channels
Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Category: TV
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 9 days ago.

Expert:  hongkongpom replied 8 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
I am hongkongpom, an independent support technician based in South Africa, that uses JustAnswer to connect with customers.
Please ignore any popup advertisement offers of "Secure Remote Assistance" or a "telephone call", as they are not sent by me.
Please note that I am only allowed to answer ONE question per session.
Please type in the box below, then click on the "Send" button to send me your reply.

Please turn off both your TV and cable box.
Now get the HDMI cable and plug one into the back of the cable box on the HDMI socket.

Next get the other end and plug it into the back of the TV into the HDMI socket marked HDMI 1
Now turn on both the TV & cable box.
Pick up the TV remote and press the input or source button and select HDMI 1 and press the ok button on the remote.
Now you should see your cable TV picture.
Finally pick up your cable TV remote and select the channel that you want to watch.

A bonus is much appreciated thank you!
Please contact JustAnswer customer service directly for any billing issues.

HDMI cable below