Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

We have a Samsung smart TV. The red infra red light won’t

Customer Question

We have a Samsung smart TV. The red infra red light won’t stop flashing and TV volume keeps going up to 100. We managed to switch sound Output to an external source which solved sound problem but the AudioOut/Optical message on left now won’t disappear
Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your TV connected tightly to the right sockets?
Customer: Yes appear to be
Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?
Customer: HDMI
Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 9 days ago.

I'm sorry you're having problems. Offhand these symptoms are indicative of a Mainboard failure of th Samsung and generally requires repairs.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.