Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My lg 32LJ590U smart tv fell over and the screen is broken

Hello, my lg 32LJ590U smart tv fell over and the screen is broken but all else seems intact. First, can it be repaired and, second, if so, is it worth it?
JA: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your 32LJ590U?
Customer: No
JA: Was there a power outage recently?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you

I'm sorry you're having problems and I will try my best to help.

Unfortunately whenever these screens are impacted, or any external pressure is put on them it generally causes the screen to fail (the LCD panel has liquid in between two layers that produces the image). Anytime you see any defect in the screen after it's been hit- it does unfortunately indicate that the LCD panel is faulty and there aren't any fixes for this beyond replacing the entire screen of the TV (which costs 80% of what the TV cost when new, and requires dismantling and reassembly of the set to fix the issue). I'm sorry to have to tell you but the TV is not really repairable after there this occurs, aside from purchasing a used one of the exact same model on eBay and then disassembling it for it's screen. Other than that I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were an economical fix.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I understand, it was very much what I was thinking but I thought I would just confirm it. Thank you for your help