Wes
Wes, Consultant
Experience:  Authorized Samsung Partner, 8 years CE support experience
63083622

The screen on my Samsung TV has frozen! How do I unfreeze

Hi Pearl
JA: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: The screen on my Samsung TV has frozen! How do I unfreeze it? I need to look for model no. on tv
JA: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. What Samsung model do you have? How old is it?
Customer: Give me a minutes and I will try to find the serial no. its about 3 years old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: No tv menu does not work, I can't get any programmes
JA: How long has this been an issue with your Samsung? What happened right before this?
Customer: Right before this I was on to Sky to get my Sky box to work, which they did
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I think thats it thank you

Hey there! Welcome to Just Answer, an independent, paid-support site. Sorry to hear you're having problems, my name is Wes and I'm going to do everything I can to help you find the information you need. Can you be a little more specific about what's frozen? Does the Samsung TV remote perform any functions? If not, I need you to follow these steps...

1. Unplug the TV from the wall outlet and leave it unplugged for 2 minutes.
  2. With it still unplugged press and hold the power button (on the TV itself) for a full 30 seconds to drain all the power from the TV's mainboard.
  3. Then, release the power button and plug the TV back in and turn it back on.

Let me know afterward if this fixes the problem or if the device's behavior changes. Once you turn the TV back on, if you still see a frozen image, the problem may be with your Sky Receiver, try unplugging that for 30 seconds then plug it back in.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi Wes. I just use the SKY remote. I use the Samsung remote to change HDML ports - which works

Okay if the Samsung remote works, then the problem must be with the Sky Box or your Sky Service. Is your Sky service cable or satellite-based?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No hasn't worked. I'll get back to sky

Sounds good.

I hope the information I've provided has been helpful. If you need more assistance, please let me know so l can continue to assist you. Also, make sure to add me as a favorite expert. By the way, we do more than tech support here at Just Answer. We have experts that can answer questions on subjects ranging from health and medical, to taxes, to legal, to cars, to appliances, to just about anything.