Steven
Steven, Technician
Experience:  Lic. and insured, 30 years experience.
59014109

Tv suddenly stopped turning on with remote. Replaced

tv suddenly stopped turning on with remote. Replaced batteries x3, then purchased a new remote. Still not working
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Toshiba, 2019 model # ??? can't find my paperwork quickly
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: no the cable box responds to the remote for the cable box
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi, my name is Steven sorry your having issues with your Toshiba TV are you available to chat right now?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
yes

Thank you , just saw your reply, sorry for the delay

Do you have a cell phone with a camera?

we can test the remote control.

If you open the camera app on your cell phone and point the TV remote directly into the camera lens then press the power button on the remote you should see a flashing light on the screen, if you do then the remote is most likely working and the issue is with the IR receiver in the TV. you mention the TV is less then 1 year old so it should be covered under the manufacturer warranty. My advise would be to contact them directly to set up service for the Television if you find the remote test indicates the remote is working.

Their phone number is (855)527-2411 From the United States and Canada

If you have any additional questions I will be happy to assist, just reply and will get back to you ASAP.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Will attempt when home. At work now. Thank you so very much for your advice!

Absolutely and please don't hesitate to reply with anything further, if I can help I will and good luck, Thank you for posting to JA.