Pete
Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I am trying to get the sound output for both headphones and

Customer Question

I am trying to get the sound output for both headphones and the TV to allow hearing aid user to use blue tooth
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Bravia TV
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: A BT box is fitted also
JA: How long has this been an issue with your Bravia? What happened right before this?
Customer: When I first fitted headphones there was no problem, now I cannot get the output from the TV
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, that is all
Category: TV
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I am attempting to fit a blue tooth streamer to allow my hearing aid to pick up the TV sound output. The TV is a Sony Bravia.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
when will I receive a response to my questions?
Expert:  Pete replied 18 days ago.

Hi there, I am Pete and I'll be happy to assist you today.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Hello Pete, re the type and age of my TV, it’s a Sony Bravia, date of manufacture 2010. I have previously had a wireless headphone on this but it stopped working about three months ago. I assumed that it was the earphone that was faulty but now I can’t get the ‘Bluetooth’ transmitter to work I’m wondering if the TV is faulty. I need this facility as I’m very deaf. Is there some way to reboot the TV. Everything else appears to be working satisfactorily.
Thank you. Hugh Firth
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Pete, as I have hearing difficulties I think it‘s better to work via messages. Thanks.
Hugh Firth
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hello Pete, will you be giving me a further reply on this?
Expert:  Pete replied 17 days ago.

Hi Hugh, sorry for the delay - my previous reply appears not to have gone through, sorry about that!

You can try resetting the TV - see the following guide: https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/articles/00032661

If the reset does not work, then the TV has a hardware fault and will require a repair or replacement.

----------------------------------

Please let me know if you have any further questions on this topic and I'll be happy to help.

Have a good weekend,

Pete.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Pete, thank you for this. I will try the reset as you suggest, but I have already tried something similar yesterday. It seems there may be, as you suggest, a hardware fault. Thanks again, yours Hugh Firth
Expert:  Pete replied 16 days ago.

You are welcome :)
Let me know if you need anything else at all.

Pete.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Pete, success, I’m not quite sure how, but the reboot seems to have work. Thanks for your assistance. Yours, Hugh Firth.
Expert:  Pete replied 15 days ago.

Hi Hugh, glad to hear it worked! Thanks for letting me know.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday,

Pete.