Richard, Technician
Experience:  TV Engineer
32989067

Why does my TV switch off and back on again ,on its own

Customer Question

Why does my TV switch off and back on again ,on its own while i am still watching it?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Telfod
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I don't know what steps to take. I have looked on settings but can not find anything. I have not had it long and the insurance does not start till June.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: TV
Expert:  Richard replied 19 days ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is Richard and I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TV. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I have switched it off for a whole night more than once. And still after a few hours, it still swichtches off and one by its self all in a couple of minutes.
Expert:  Richard replied 19 days ago.

Thank you, to confirm it is not just switching it off but actually unplugging it from the power socket, did you do this?