info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

I have a Samsung tv and the picture has started to be much

Customer Question

I have a Samsung tv and the picture has started to be much darker at the bottom of the screen making sub titles difficult to read and the picture poor at the bottom
JA: What Samsung model do you have? How old is it?
Customer: Model ZAQ73SBD600192V approx 5 years old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: yes and yes
JA: How long has this been an issue with your ZAQ73SBD600192V? What happened right before this?
Customer: it has been gradually more noticeable over the last month
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 1 month ago.

Welcome

I am sorry you are having trouble ,I am afraid what you are describing is bad back-lights in that area of the screen, the thing is its costly to have these replaced because of the labour involved to replace them,they are the back-light LEDs these illuminate the pixels,now for a 5 year old set in my opinion is not a good idea to think about having this done what do you think?

Anthony