Wes
Wes, Consultant
Experience:  Authorized Samsung Partner, 8 years CE support experience
63083622

I purchased a OLED LG TV on 26 December 2015 and already

I purchased a OLED LG TV on 26 December 2015 and already have screen problems. (Screen burn I was informed). How did this happen on a very expensive TV within a 5 year period?
JA: Do you know the model of your LG appliance?
Customer: 55EG960V
JA: How long has this been going on with your LG appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: SERIAL No 509WRSVQD950
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: SEVERAL MONTHS NOW SINCE WE NOTICED THIS

Hey there! Welcome to Just Answer, an independent, paid-support site. Sorry to hear you're having problems, my name is Wes and I'm going to do everything I can to help you find the information you need. Screen burn can occur with a brand new OLED TV if single images are displayed on the panel for extended periods. The reason this happens is that OLED elements age as they're used and the brighter the image they are displaying, the faster those individual elements or pixels age. The reason you get screen burn (or image retention) is when some pixels wear faster than the pixels around them because they've been displaying a brighter image than the pixels around them. For example, channel/station or news logos can cause this.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Is there anything i can do to resolve this. I heard that switching the tv off completely for several days sometimes helps?

It depends on how bad the image retention is. Your TV should have a pixel refresher function, you'll have to look through the menu screens as its location varies by model. You can try running that. However, if the image retention is significant, there's nothing you can do to make it go away. It may fade somewhat over time as the other pixels in the panel age, but turning it off for several days probably won't have any effect.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you. I will go through the menu's later to try and locate the pixel reset! If the tv doesn't have one I'm pretty much dead in the water regarding this issue. Can i contact you again if i can't find the reset?

Sure.

I hope the information I've provided has been helpful. If you need more assistance, please let me know so l can continue to assist you. Also, make sure to add me as a favorite expert. By the way, we do more than tech support here at Just Answer. We have experts that can answer questions on subjects ranging from health and medical, to taxes, to legal, to cars, to appliances, to just about anything.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi Wes. I've checked all menu's and my TV does not have a pixel reset.

Try the sequence here under Clear Panel Noise: https://www.lg.com/us/support/help-library/tv-image-burn-or-image-retention-CT10000020-20150765477853

Click on "Ways LG helps reduce burn in" then look for Clear Panel Noise.