Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have an LG SMART TV and I would like to use Google Home

Hi, I have an LG SMART TV and I would like to use Google Home speaker with it. I need to know whether I need to buy Chromecast because I have an iPhone not an Android phone
JA: What LG model do you have? How old is it?
Customer: it's the Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR LED TV with Google Assistant, bought it last year
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I have tried to link my LG account with Google Home app, but the TV doesn't get listed in the device list in the app
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The Google assistant with the remote control works, but i want to be able to use my google home speaker I have seen in a video on Youtube that you can do that, but in the video they were using an android phone with Google Home, not an iPhone

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

What is the Model number of the tv?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I don't remember it. Is there a way for me to check on the TV?

Its on a sticker on the back of the tv.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
LG OLED55B8SLC OLED HDR 4K Ultra HD Smart TV, 55"
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The tv is wall mounted so difficult to see the sticker

you can use the google home app on an iphone, if that is what you are asking.

If you mean using the voice assistant (google assistant, by saying "hey google") through a google home speaker, that does not require the intervention of your phone.

Make sure you use the google home app installed on your phone though to complete setup and pair them, and that they are on the same wifi network.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok, I went through the Set up TV for Google Assistant to pair TV and phone, that worked, but at the end of that process the LG tv didn't display under the linked devices on the app, as I could see on the You Tube demo
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
They are on the same wifi network, it's the only one I have

Are you in the google home app?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
When I link the LG ThinQ, it says that the account is linked, but I cannot see the LG TV appear in the device list
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Will you be calling me?

Go into the setup menu on the tv itself please and check for a software update as it may need to be updated.

This may take awhile to run, so lets do that first so we don't use up all your call time.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok, can you please clarify which menu are you referring to? I am on the home page

Could you also resend your number please, it looks like part of it was cut off.

Menu would be on the tv itself (setup menu)

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I generally run updates any time it's required
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Checking for updates...
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok, no updates found. So it's up to date
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
LG OLED55B8SLC
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi, are you still on the line? I need to go and buy something so I need to know whether we can catch up in an hour or so?

Thank you for checking and sorry I missed you earlier. When you send multiple messages the system can lock up so they had not come through to me.

Let me know when you're available and I'll give you a ring.

Nathan

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can you ring me in tomorrow morning after 9 am? Thanks

I'm in the US, so on a much different time zone. If you could shoot me a message here when you're ready tomorrow (assuming I'm online and available), I'll give you a call as soon as I can.

It is currently about 2 in the afternoon for me.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok I'll try then around 2/3 pm UK time. Thanks

Thank you and have a great day,

Nathan

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Nathan, I am available now if you are. Please let me know. Thanks
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi, I will be available today up until 5 pm UK time, please let me know if you are available.

Hello, are you online now by chance?