Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have a Toshiba TV. Model no. 32D1333B. The remote is lost.

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: i have a Toshiba TV. Model no. 32D1333B. The remote is lost. I have a universal remote which, without setting it up, turned on the TV and I could change channels but not much more. I decided to try a DVD which it accepted but I could not make it play. Now I cannot get the DVD out !
JA: What is the model of your TV?
Customer: 32D1333B
JA: What menu options can you access, if any?
Customer: None
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don’t think so.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

In general a universal remote is not going to be able to operate anything beyond power and volume, and especially won't work for the dvd features. If you press the Eject button (^) on the side of the tv, does it eject that way?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It stops the DVD playing but doesn’t eject it.

Press and hold it for a few seconds.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have ordered a new Toshiba remote which I’m hoping will resolve the problem. ( without having to spend more money at this stage ). If that doesn’t work can I come back to you on the phone ?

Yes that is fine, thank you.

If the eject button on the new remote (assuming it is the proper model) doesn't work either, then this is a hardware defect inside the tv which would require repair/replacement.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Very many thanks.

You're welcome

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Just pressed the eject button twice more and the disk has popped out !
I think the problem may have been me !

Great, glad to hear that did the trick for you!

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, and have a nice day,

Nathan