Pete
Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

Ther I have a Q7 Samsung TV. I use media and when it was

Customer Question

Hi ther I have a Q7 Samsung TV. I use Virgin media and when it was installed the virgin media icon used to appear in the bar at the bottom of te home screen. I had to reboot my virgin media box and now it is a much more complicated route to get the the virgin media player. Hown can I get this icon to appear in the home bar again?
JA: What Samsung model do you have? How old is it?
Customer: Q7
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: no but all te others are apps like netflix or britbox
JA: How long has this been an issue with your Samsung? What happened right before this?
Customer: nothing happend to te smsung it was rebooting the virgin media box that caused the problem
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no I don't think so i have a visual impairment so it might take me longer to do what they ask
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 8 days ago.

Hi! My name is***** am the expert who will be assisting you today.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi Pete any idea?
Expert:  Pete replied 8 days ago.

Sorry for any delay at this exceptionally busy time.

If you leave the VM box turned off and turn on the TV first, then select the HDMI source for ‘Virgin Media' (configured when the TV was initially set up), the TV should turn the VM box on by itself.

Let me know if you have any further questions on this topic and I'll be more than happy to help.

Stay safe,

Pete.