info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

We have a Toshiba TV, 32WD3A63DB, and the screen is not

Hello, we have a Toshiba TV, 32WD3A63DB, and the screen is not working. We left the room and our granddaughter may have been pressing the remote control. The sound remains on. I tried various things under Picture but to no avail. Could you help please
JA: How old is your Toshiba appliance?
Customer: Under 6 months
JA: How long has this been going on with your Toshiba appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Happened an hour or so go and can only get onto Picture and Sound but not helped
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The sound is working. It is under an HTMI source as cable

Welcome

I am sorry you are having trouble here

As a TEST/CHECK for me please press the MENU or the HOME button of the TVs OWN remote control (the one that came with the set)does the menu come up or not please?this is just a test exercise

Anthony

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Right third of screen has Picture settings come up
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hello, are you ringing soon please

https://toshiba-tv.com/files/9-1-owners-manual-web-mb211s-ortak-rc42151p-uk_C4A85D548968.pdf

Click the link above you need to switch OFF the eco mode to have access to the back-light setting

I dont think that will work as the menu is coming up normally, worth a try though, fault is looking like a bad mainboard