hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Installer
Experience:  I am a certified Cable Television installer in the state of Hawaii
40928634

I have asked questions before but it asked me to pay £5 why

Customer Question

i have asked questions before but it asked me to pay £5 why is this
JA: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: sony
JA: What have you tried so far with your Sony product?
Customer: THE SCREEN SAYS ---THE VIEWING CARD IS NOT AUTHORISED I DO NOT HAVE A NEW CARD AND THE TV IN YHE BEDROOM IS WORKING PERFECTLY
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: SONY APPROX13 YEARS
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: MENU WORKS
JA: How long has this been an issue with your Sony? What happened right before this?
Customer: YESTERDAY IT WORKED OK WHEN I SWITCHED TO SKY 2 HOURS AGO Y
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: THIS MESSAGE CAME UP
Category: TV
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
WHEN WILL TECHNICIAN CALL MY PHONE
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 16 days ago.

Expert:  hongkongpom replied 16 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, which is a PAID Question and Answer support website.
I amCustomer an independent support technician based in South Africa, that uses JustAnswer to connect with customers.
Please note that I am only allowed to answer ONE question per session.
Please type in the box below, then click on the green "Send" button to send me your reply.

If you turn off the Sky box and unplug it from the wall power and take the card out and carefully wipe it with a cloth and then reinsert it and turn on the Sky box does that work please?
If not then again turn off the box and unplug it from the wall power for 60 seconds and then plug it back in and turn on & wait for it to scan the channels and authorise the card does that work?
If not if you turn off the bedroom & living room Sky boxes and temporarily swap the cards does the problem move with the card?