Andrew Taylor
Andrew Taylor, CCIE
Experience:  System Engineer
102326245

We have lost all BBC TV programmes on our Panasonic TV. We

Customer Question

We have lost all BBC TV programmes on our Panasonic TV. We can only get them on HD but the downside with this is we are not able to record anything on HD. We have also somehow lost the TPTV channel. All other channels are OK - just at our wits end to know what to do. We have tried re-tuning but to no avail. The local BBC transmitter is not at fault.
JA: What Panasonic model do you have? How old is it?
Customer: Just a moment. The model is TX-L37G20B it is about 7-8 years old.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes tv menu works. Yes to second question.
JA: How long has this been an issue with your TX-L37G20B? What happened right before this?
Customer: We have had blank screen for BBC channels for about 8 days. Before this the service was pixellated and kept breaking up. The TV in our kitchen (Panasonic TX-24DS500B) which is about three years old had exactly the same fault. It is not the TV but what?
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, thanks
Category: TV
Expert:  Andrew Taylor replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer.
My Name is***** will do my best to help you.
If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know. I am currently
reviewing your question and the information you have provided.
Thanks Again,
Andy

Hello & thanks for choosing JustAnswer.com!

I'm an expert with 10 years’ experience and it's going be a pleasure to help have your issue resolved today. I understand it can be frustrating when you have technical issues, I’m really sorry to hear this has caused you an inconvenience but that’s why I’m here to help get it resolved.

From what you told my assistant Pearl I have been able to investigate your problem and come up with the following response:

I'm still missing my BBC channels - what should I do? ... If you can't watch these channels on their normal numbers (e.g. 1 for BBC One, 2 for BBC Two) after completing a full retune, you may need a new aerial. For more information or help with this call the Freeview Advice Line on freephone 0808(###) ###-####

I hope my answer helps you resolve your problem, if this does not resolve your problem or you need a follow up please let me know & we will work together to resolve this.

Once again, thank you for choosing Just Answer and giving me the opportunity to help answer your question!
Andy