Rafi
Rafi, Network Administrator
Experience:  IT Manager
106284071

I have 2 problems with my TV. I have 2 problems with my TV

Customer Question

I have 2 problems with my TV.
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: I have 2 problems with my TV when I want to record a program I can’t watch another. I can’t use catchup.Y
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?
Customer: some while. it used to work OK
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tV is Sony. there nothing wrong with it. I have been a customer of sky for many years and have a full program a/c no.213283901
Expert:  Rafi replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Welcome to Just Answer an independent paid Question & Answer web portal. I am Rafi and I will try to do my best to help you today. Please note Secure Remote Assistance are auto-generated and communication through chat is fine with me. Please take the time to carefully read and follow the instructions.

To answer your question -

We will need to reset your TV to factory settings to clear out any backend system errors. This process is called a data reset, and it stored data while returning everything to the default settings.

Thank you very much for your time & patience while I typed up your response. Let me know if you have any follow up questions. I am here to help you. Thanks.

Also, few tips to consider If your having network and app connection issues I would suggest the following:

1. Reboot and reset your Wi-Fi modem settings.
  2. Restart your TV and your providers modem by pulling the power plug.
  3. Move the router closer to the device.
  4. Power cycle your TV by pulling the power plug.

I hope that I was able to help you with the issue you are experiencing. If you still can't get the TV setup correctly with the steps above technician service request must be made.