Richard, Technician
Experience:  TV Engineer
32989067

My jvc television will bot start. All I get is a red light

My jvc television will bot start. All I get is a red light pulsing on and off
JA: What JVC model do you have? How old is it?
Customer: I have it two weekss.it is a 39" LED TV, LT39C790
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: i CANNOT GET ACCESS TO THE MENU, nOTHING BUT THE RED LIGHT PULSING. i WENT TO TECHWALLA AND THEY SAID IT HAPPENS AFTER AN ACCIDENTAL RESET FROM THE REMOTE. THE FACILITY FOR TIMED RECORDING HAS BEEN ACTIVATED...
JA: How long has this been an issue with your JVC? What happened right before this?
Customer: THIS EVENING. IT WAS WORKING NORMALLY. I THINK IT MIGHT HAVE ASKED IF i WOULD ACCEPT A SOFTWARE REBOOT.
JA: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TV. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV and any other devices connecting to the TV such as a cable box ect (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV and connecting devices, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no effect

Can you disconnect everything from the TV, so cable box, Bluray player, Antenna ect

Then connect only the power, power it on and tell me how it then functions please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Iam not calling you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No response

I am sorry to hear that.

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.