Rafi
Rafi, Network Administrator
Experience:  IT Manager
106284071

My tv set is not working on satellite channels, it haven't

Customer Question

my tv set is not working on satellite channels, it haven't found any satellite, the same cable inserted in receiver is ok.
JA: What's the brand and model of your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: 50blk2ka
JA: How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?
Customer: sharp bought today from lidl
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the satellite channels list can be merged with terrestrial chnnels, can I receive both?
Category: TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
50bl2ka bought today from lidl kettering
Expert:  Rafi replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Welcome to Just Answer an independent paid Question & Answer web portal. I am Rafi and I will try to do my best to help you today. Please note Secure Remote Assistance are auto-generated and communication through chat is fine with me. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly. Please take the time to carefully read and follow the instructions.

To answer your question -

Check all devices and TVs in the house. If at least two devices are having picture issues, there is a problem with the signal. Don't troubleshoot one device; call your satellite provider instead.

• Make sure the TV is tuned to the correct input or channel, based on the type of cable that connects the set-top box.
  • Press "Power" or "System Info" on the receiver. If it responds to that, it might be just the remote that's not working right.
  • Reset the receiver using the front panel. Hold the Power button on the front of the receiver until all lights on the box go out, then let go.
  • Check your connections. Make sure all cables are pushed in all the way.
  • Power-cycle the receiver (turn it off, wait a minute, then turn it on again).

Thank you very much for your time & patience while I typed up your response. Let me know if you have any follow up questions. I am here to help you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I feel you really miss my problem.
When I try to scan satellite programs using my new tv, it fails. No satelltes found, no channels.
With the same cable (from my satellite dish), pluged in my satelitte receiver, it works - I refer FTA channels. It seems like the TV set is not working on satellite channels.
Expert:  Rafi replied 1 year ago.

Is this with an cable box or antenna?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm speaking about the cable coming sromantenna's LNB, is a satellite dish 1.3 meter, with a LNB in focus, as all the satellite dishes. The tv set has a F type connector, marked as "satellite" input, next to the terrestrial antenna.
When I tried to scan satellite nothing was found.
The same cable, coming fron the dish' LNB, plugged in my sattelte receiver, works as should work, Hot Bird satellite's channels are listed and can be received.
If I scan terrestrial input, is OK.
I will try to measure 12/18 volts power outgoing to LNB, but I was hoping you could help me more, may be someone who knows exactly this Android TV. I don't need advice like "check the cable connection", I need some clear instruction regarding user interface (satellite scaning menu) for this specific model
Regards,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
first phrase: cable comming from antenna (dish) lnb
Expert:  Rafi replied 1 year ago.

Yeah so its an antenna base, this is telling me its an aligment issue