Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan,
Experience:  Senior IT Support Specialist at Brookfield Asset Management
101830517

I have a Samsung Smart TV which was working perfectly upto

Customer Question

I have a Samsung Smart TV which was working perfectly upto 1/6/20. On 2/6/20 the "You Tube" was suddenly cut off and when I try to open it there are grey boxes instead of pictures. A few months before there were warnings about "old" browser but I was still able to watch "You tube". The "Apps update" is set on automatic. Can you assist?
JA: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your Samsung TV?
Customer: Ther are two cables connected , one red and 1light blue. These are connected to the broadband router.
JA: Was there a power outage recently?
Customer: Not that I know of.
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really unless you want to know the model number of the TV?
Category: TV
Expert:  Ameen Khan replied 1 year ago.

Hi! My name is Ameen and I'll be assisting you today. You have reached JustAnswer, an online question and answer company

Please note when the offer for Secure Remote Assistance appears, that is NOT REQUIRED (But Helpful)

I am sorry you are having this concern, I will do my best to help you today.

To answer your question ->

The apps on a TV are very basic, it means the app server has an outage or issues then the apps wont connect. My recommendation is to get Chromecast or Amazon Firestick to avoid this. You need a 3rd party device to be able to get that on your TV as the TV apps are very basic and not fully functional. Invest in devices such as Amazon Fire Stick or Google ChromeCast and then you can watch them on your TV. You can purchase them from these links:

ChromeCast: https://www.amazon.com/chromecast/s?k=chromecast
Amazon Firestick: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/amazon-fire-tv-stick-with-alexa-voice-remote-black/5477500.p?skuId=5477500

-----

I hope my answer was helpful to you and If you would like more assistance, feel free to message me back. I am here to help you. Kindly use the stars at the top of the page to rate my service with you.