Dan
Dan, Broadcast Engineer
Experience:  15 years as a Broadcast/IT Engineer with the local CBS affiliate.
1567601

My dad (92) has a Philips TV serial number 26PF4310/10 which

Customer Question

My dad (92) has a Philips TV serial number 26PF4310/10 which is about 15 years old. Yesterday evening he was unable to get it to work. Normally, when one switches it on, a green LED light comes on the TV and then using the remote you can switch the picture on. However, this time, a green light came on and I got distracted for about 20 mins on my computer. When I looked up, the light was red and nothing happened when I used the remote to try to turn the picture on. We've tried unplugging it from the power plug and unplugging all cables and leaving but when we turn it back on, the green light either comes on for about 1 second, and then turns red, or it just comes on as red immediately.
Category: TV
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I am sorry to hear you are having problems. I will be very happy to assist you today. Does the red light stay solid the entire time?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Dan, most of the time it does, but occasionally it comes on green for about 1 second before changing to red and then staying on red solidly
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

What you are seeing is an indication the power circuit board has failed. This TV is too old to repair and would not be cost effective to do so.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Dan, that's very helpful to know. We will buy my dad a new one, best wishes Fiona
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome. Good luck!