info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

We have a TVs that is 6 months old and a thin horizontal

Customer Question

Hi we have a TVs that is 6 months old and a thin white horizontal line has appeared across the width of the screen. I've done a self diagnosis test and it says to contact support.
JA: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?
Customer: Yes
JA: Was there a power outage recently?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.

Welcome

I am sorry you are having trouble ,

As a TEST/CHECK for me please press the MENU or the HOME button of the TVs OWN remote control (the one that came with the set)is the line going OVER the menu?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it does run across the menu box.
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.

Its a bad LCD panel you MUST trigger the warranty with the set,the panel is the screen so its as serious as it gets,luckily you have warranty with the set, they will likely replace it

Anthony