Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan,
Experience:  Senior IT Support Specialist at Brookfield Asset Management
101830517

My tv just stopped working. All I did was change channels

Customer Question

My tv just stopped working. All I did was change channels and it died. I keep getting a message saying there are no channels available And to retune. I did this with no result. But I do have internet on my ipad
JA: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?
Customer: I am sorry I do not know what these are
JA: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?
Customer: I did, but only for maybe 30 secs
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i don’t think so. I am no expert in this field
Category: TV
Expert:  Ameen Khan replied 1 year ago.

Hi! My name is Ameen and I'll be assisting you today. You have reached JustAnswer, an online question and answer company

Please note when the offer for Secure Remote Assistance appears, that is NOT REQUIRED (But Helpful)

I am sorry you are having this concern, I will do my best to help you today.

To answer your question ->

Seems like an issue with the antenna on your TV, i suggest doing a reset as a first step, unplug the TV from the power for 45 minutes and then connect back and test

-----

I hope my answer was helpful to you and If you would like more assistance, feel free to message me back. I am here to help you. Kindly use the stars at the top of the page to rate my service with you.