Dan
Dan, Broadcast Engineer
Experience:  15 years as a Broadcast/IT Engineer with the local CBS affiliate.
1567601

I have an 43 inch Philips tv and the sound is terrible. The

Customer Question

I have an 43 inch Philips tv and the sound is terrible. The only time you can hear it is in HD. Also for no reason the tv switches off and I have to switch it back on three times, most annoying if you are watching a particular program.
Category: TV
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I am sorry to hear you are having problems. I will be very happy to assist you today. How old is your TV?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On1
One year old approx
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

If the TV randomly shuts down, it could very well be the power control circuit board. For now, if you have it connected to a power strip, or surge protector, disconnect it and plug it directly into the wall outlet. Let me know what happens please.