Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan,
Experience:  Senior IT Support Specialist at Brookfield Asset Management
101830517

I have a Digihome 32273SFVPT2HD 32 inchLED Smart.When I

Customer Question

I have a Digihome 32273SFVPT2HD 32 inchLED Smart.When I press the button to watch on catch up it says "In order to enableFreeview Play support Hbb TV needs to be enabled from the privacy settings" and I don't know what to do,Have recently lost my husband and he did things like that
Category: TV
Expert:  Ameen Khan replied 1 year ago.

Hi! My name is Ameen and I'll be assisting you today. You have reached JustAnswer, an online question and answer company

Please note when the offer for Secure Remote Assistance appears, that is NOT REQUIRED (But Helpful)

I am sorry you are having this concern, I will do my best to help you today.

To answer your question ->

I suggest on your TV, you go to Settings>System>Privacy Settings menu and then allow this Freeview app there

-----

I hope my answer was helpful to you and If you would like more assistance, feel free to message me back. I am here to help you. Kindly use the stars at the top of the page to rate my service with you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I go to privacy settings I don't know how to proceed,it does not give any understandable instructions,just a list of things
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have any apps I'm using a desk top computer
Expert:  Ameen Khan replied 1 year ago.

If you go over each option, you should see Freeview app there as long that it is installed

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In privacy it says Introduction then Hbb TV which has a green dot,Portal andapplications green dot.Recommendation Engine Red do,use of cookies red dotAutomaticsoftware update green dot,internet connection,green dot, When I press Freeview play it says please connect to the internet.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't even know what or where a freeview app is,thats why I am trying to get help.
Expert:  Ameen Khan replied 1 year ago.

The apps on a TV are very basic, it means the app server has an outage or issues then the apps wont connect. My recommendation is to get Chromecast or Amazon Firestick to avoid this. You need a 3rd party device to be able to get that on your TV as the TV apps are very basic and not fully functional. Invest in devices such as Amazon Fire Stick or Google ChromeCast and then you can watch them on your TV. You can purchase them from these links:

ChromeCast: https://www.amazon.com/chromecast/s?k=chromecast
Amazon Firestick: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/amazon-fire-tv-stick-with-alexa-voice-remote-black/5477500.p?skuId=5477500