Anikesh G
Anikesh G, CCIE
Experience:  SAP Customer Relationship Management Consultant at Wipro Technologies
108948392

I’ve moved house and cannot access any channels anymore? Lg

Customer Question

I’ve moved house and cannot access any channels anymore?
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Lg It’s about three years old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Everything else works. We can use Netflix and all the catch up players but when I scan for channels it can’t identify any
JA: How long has this been an issue with your LG? What happened right before this?
Customer: At our old house round the corner everything worked fine. We’ve moved and the new place has 2 antenna cables but neither of them gives access ive restarted and reset the tv
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, apparently the property has cable tv but we just have the normal channels
Category: TV
Expert:  Anikesh G replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer tech support, I'm expert Ashu. I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I look forward to helping you. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

May I please know who is your TV cable service provider?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don’t have cable tv. We just view the digital freeview channels
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ashu
Expert:  Anikesh G replied 1 year ago.

May I please know your service provider for that?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I’m confused. You don’t need a provider for national channels in the uk.
Expert:  Anikesh G replied 1 year ago.

It seems there is a problem with the Antenna cables.

I would like to inform you that we do not offer channel services. If you can help me with the information on your channel service provider, I can redirect you to the concerned team. Thank you.

Expert:  Anikesh G replied 1 year ago.

Without the information requested  in my previous response, I can only give you a general answer, but I hope this helps.

The FCC assigned new frequencies and facilities that are supposed to provide the same coverage as the existing ones. Therefore, most viewers should not lose permanent access to any channels. However, in the event that the viewer experiences temporary channel loss, there are a few reasons why it might’ve happened. A station’s signal might be marginal to begin with and any change in frequency may be enough to impact reception. In this case, the viewer’s antenna might need to be relocated closer to a window to restore reception. Secondly, a station may have changed bands from UHF to VHF, which may necessitate a new antenna to ensure the signal can be received. Lastly, a station might be temporarily operating at reduced power to complete the transition work – in which case, the only option is to wait for the station to finish work and resume operations at full-power. The specific station in question will be the best source of information on when full-power broadcasting will resume.