hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Installer
Experience:  I am a certified Cable Television installer in the state of Hawaii
40928634

My jvc television ( only fitted on the 28th May ) has poor

My jvc television ( only fitted on the 28th May ) has poor reception.it shows signal strength varying between 80 to 100% (sometimes lower) and quality 10 to 40 % ,again sometimes lower.it pixelates but sometimes is ok.it has an aerial booster fitted.we are in Midhurst West Sussex

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, which is a PAID Question and Answer support website.
I am hongkongpom, an independent support technician based in South Africa, that uses JustAnswer to connect with customers.
Please note that I am only allowed to answer ONE question per session.
Please type in the box below, then click on the green "Send" button to send me your reply.

It sounds like the aerial or cabling or connectors has a problem feeding your TV I'm sorry to tell you.
Also the location or trees can affect your received signal.
With a booster it won't help if your signal is poor as you then only boosting a poor signal to begin with. The booster is only if you have good signal to start with but need to split it to many TVs.
I'm afraid that you will need a professional aerial technician to visit your home to find the problem.
Short of making sure that the aerial cable plugged into the back of your TV is pushed home and not loose then you will need technician to troubleshoot.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The strange thing is I have another tv working off the same aerial and it is perfectly ok

Thank you, ***** ***** out the TV itself, you can try to take this TV to the other location (or vice versa) to see if the same thing happens. If it doesn't then the cable back to the splitter that feeds the problem location needs to be checked.
If the TV acts the same in the other location then you know that the TV has the problem and needs to be checked will be free since the TV is under warranty.