Richard, Technician
Experience:  TV Engineer
32989067

Why i am not having no code showing on my sony hd tv

Customer Question

why i am not having no code showing on my sony hd tv connected to my bd8500 player using your smart app, my motoG5 cnnects with it ,asking for the 4digit code which it says should be displayed on tv screen???
JA: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your HD?
Customer: yes, hdmi cable which connects them together, and shows all the tv channels, BD, dvd discs and any thing which i have recorded on the HDD too
JA: Was there a power outage recently?
Customer: don't h think so as most my other devices, upstairs tv and pc work okay? i have tried several times this week
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i have tried to login to my disney+ but does't login!
Category: TV
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TV. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV and any other devices connecting to the TV such as a cable box ect (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV and connecting devices, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i tried this before at bedtime when i switched the whole multi socket off at the wall where it is plugged in and then would only display the Smart View manual on the sony tv screen, so in disgust i used a riku stick , which once logged in, connected to my wifi device and logged in to my disney+ app channel, so job done. i have just read online sansung are cancelling there smart view app in oct' so it will a waste of time to bother with now! also i have read on goggle that Sansung are to upgrade their tv's and smart box to maybe cure the probelm. i don't think i will extend my JustAnswer as this too long winded for me thanks for help anway!! jp
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you But No Thanks
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Glad to hear you now have the service again.