info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

I have a LCD TV and have lost half the picture. Part of the

Customer Question

Hello, I have a LCD TV and have lost half the picture. Part of the screen is black.I think the set is about 10 years old and wonder if this means it is packing up.
JA: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?
Customer: Yes white I also have a Panasonic had recorderplugged in
JA: Was there a power outage recently?
Customer: Think might have been
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.

Welcome

Issues like this are either the LCD panel itself (the screen)or maybe the t-con board that drives the panel,there is nothing easy here and for a 10 years old set you would be far better off replacing the set, what do you think?

Anthony