Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have purchased digital tv headphones as my husband is very

Customer Question

I have purchased digital tv headphones as my husband is very hard of hearing. there is no skart socket o rca sockets. how do I connect headphones to the tv?
JA: Are all the cables at the back of your RCA TV connected tightly to the right sockets?
Customer: There are no sockets I think I may need a convertor but have no idea.
JA: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?
Customer: there is a red and white plg For the headphones but nowhere on the back of the TV to plug it into.
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not at the moment, thanks.
Category: TV
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Whata is teh Brand and Model Number of the tv?

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

I haven't heard back with the details needed to get into specifics,

but if you still need help I can give you some general info to get you started.

The way around this is to use the Digital Audio Out port on the back of the tv. This is a square type port with a little flap/door over it and a red light inside. You connect a fiber optical cable to it. You'll need to purchase a digital to analog converter: http://amzn.to/1VhPiQx . This will convert the optical connection to an analog stereo connection (red/white rca ports). To that, you can then connect rca cables to the base unit for a wireless headphone transmitter

Nathan