Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan,
Experience:  Senior IT Support Specialist at Brookfield Asset Management
101830517

I have a Toshiba CT 8541 and I'm trying to pair and use my

Customer Question

Hi I have a Toshiba CT 8541 and I'm trying to pair and use my blue tooth headphones and for some reason, it shows that the headphones are paired but with not allow me to use them when i try to listen to the tv . Can you advise how to fix this problem? Do i need to reset my password ***** something to reinstale the head set ? I have been adviced that if I buy a blue tooth transmitter this may help this issue but im not sure it will help ? Thanks
JA: Do you know the model of your Toshiba appliance? How old is it?
Customer: It's brand new and the model is a 32 " HD Smart TV with DVD and CD player incorporated CT - 8541.
JA: What have you tried so far with your Toshiba appliance?
Customer: I've just instaled the headphones, Which work fine on other devices like Kindle Fire and my laptop.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No -
Category: TV
Expert:  Ameen Khan replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is Ameen and I'll be assisting you today. You have reached JustAnswer, an online question and answer company

Please note when the offer for Secure Remote Assistance appears, that is NOT REQUIRED (But Helpful)

I am sorry you are having this concern, I will do my best to help you today.

To answer your question ->

That means the headphones are not compatible

If the bluetooth connection is not being paired OR shows paired and no sound then that could mean those two units are not compatible, bluetooth technology is not a universal frequency between devices and manufacturers, there are very specific frequencies and compatibility protocols between generations especially between transmitters and speakers.

The headphones are built on the newer editions of bluetooth and backward compatible.

-----

I hope my answer was helpful to you and If you would like more assistance, feel free to message me back. I am here to help you. Kindly use the stars at the top of the page to rate my service with you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
how can we find out which head phones may be comparable ?

By contacting Toshiba directly as they have the list of the updated models that they have made compatible with their tv

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok thank you

You're welcome, Pleasure assisting you.

--

Hope that helps you out today, Kindly use the stars at the top of the page to rate my service with you. Thank you

If needed, feel free to message me back. I am here to help you. Pleasure assisting you.