Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I need help with the picture on a Samsung TV, sorry thought

Customer Question

I need help with the picture on a Samsung TV, sorry thought that's who I was going to contact
JA: What Samsung model do you have? How old is it?
Customer: DV3 HD is all I can see at the moment
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes it does - actually what has happened is that the picture has stretched and we can't see a bit at the top and bottom any more
JA: How long has this been an issue with your Samsung? What happened right before this?
Customer: It happened about two weeks ago and I don't remember what happened to make it happen - possibly someone hit the wrong button on the Sky remote when turning off, but not sure.
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you, ***** ***** be good to be able to see the words at the bottom properly, say if something has subtitles and news channels etc.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 1 month ago.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** am one of the JustAnswer.com techs who is going to help you today
I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with TV, it could be the Skybox issue which isn't sending out correct audio/ video signals to the TV, the following is a troubleshooting step should be tried that will help
- Disconnect the Skybox power cord from the power outlet/ socket for 5 minutes to reset, replug back in, let Skybox reboot that may take a few minutes to finish and check?
The above is a simple troubleshooting technique and if that does not work, please reply back to me here and I will continue to assist