Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Lg soun, Trouble with Lg soundbar and subwoofer connecting

Customer Question

Lg soun
JA: What LG product do you have?
Customer: Trouble with Lg soundbar and subwoofer connecting to tv
JA: What LG model do you have?
Customer: Tv and soundbar
JA: What have you tried so far with your LG system?
Customer: Turning power off. Reset to factory settings.
JA: Anything else you want the Audio/Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Soundbar works with blue tooth
Category: TV
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
LAS455H soundbar
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Everything was working with the sky remote one evening then the following day couldnt sync the remotes and tv. Soundbar works with bluetooth but not subwoofer? Tv 50pz550T
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Please advise if you can help?
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

So you are getting sound through the soundbar, but nothing through the sub?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I can only get sound through soundbar with bluetooth but not through tv. Nothing through sub
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi i dont wish to offend but i have already paid £5 for nothing.
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

My apologies for any confusion. I, personally, am not asking you for anything else.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

You have however paid the full agreed upon fees (deposit + balance or membership) noted on the payment page when posting your question, for our chat here.

I would like to help you and provide value for that fee. For me to best be able to help you, please focus on our conversation here, and reading/replying to my responses, above.

A few moments of patience would be greatly appreciated as the sending of multiple replies and unrelated discussion further delay the system with every additional message.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

How is the soundbar connected to the tv (what cords/cables)?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Originally via optical lead but have tried hdmi also with no luck. I sure i stated this yesterday.
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Thank you. No that information was not included, which is why I needed to ask. You mentioned bluetooth only.

Switch back to optical please, and set the tv audio output/format to PCM/Stereo and see how it works from there please.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi setting on pcm volume goes up and down but no sound
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Try changing the surround mode as well to one of the other presets,

and make sure the soundbar is set to the optical input mode as well.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Where do i find surround mode. I have tried turning off Auto Volume but nothing makes any difference to the soundbar apart from not controlling the sky remote and If tv speaker is off obviously no sound from Tv, but auto off no difference, clear voice ll no difference
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

It was right there on the screen above the pcm setting.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry i was looking for surround mode and not sound mode. I have tried all of them.
Can you confirm what the settings are for the Audio section please:
Auto Volume
Clear voice II
Balance
Sound mode:
Digit audio out
Tv speaker
Dtv AUDIO SETTING ON AUTO unable to change
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

The only ones that really matter on that screen are digital out being on pcm, and tv speaker off

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok next step please as no difference
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

That's all there is to it. At this point if it is not working there is a hardware defect in either the tv or the soundbar.

Can you try to connect the soundbar directly to your cable/sky box, dvd, etc with the optical and see if you get sound out of it that way?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi done this also no sound
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Okay go back into the tv menu,

turn the tv speakers on, and disconnect the soundbar completely. Does the sound work through the tvs own speakers?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Unfortunately you have been unable to resolve my problem. Please can you refund me your fee or stop the transaction. Whichever is easier. Thank you
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for checking,

this confirms an internal hardware failure here then, meaning the the soundbar itself is defective.

You can unplug power to it for a few minutes to reset, but beyond that it would require repairs. They are not worth fixing however and it would simply need to be replaced.

This is both an attempted fix an a diagnostic process. This is a paid support service, it is not free help and you would have to pay for this answer, regardless of outcome, with any technican. I can recommend replacement options if you'd like.

My apologies for the news,

Nathan

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Just thought I would let you know that both Soundbar and Tv work perfectly. The problem was the optical lead.
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for the update.