Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan,
Experience:  Senior IT Support Specialist at Brookfield Asset Management
101830517

We have an LG smart tv, but are unable to get the free view

Customer Question

We have an LG smart tv, but are unable to get the free view channels that we were getting before on a Samsung , plus what we do get are on different numbers than before. I hope you can help us
JA: What LG model do you have? How old is it?
Customer: LG 65SM8200PLA
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: we have only had the set about 3 weeks , and all channels are different than before . Example ITV was channel 3 before now it’s 35 where we could get Drama on channel 20 we cannot get it at all ,or yesterday
JA: How long has this been an issue with your 65SM8200PLA? What happened right before this?
Customer: it has always been the same even after doing a couple of updates
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don’t think so
Category: TV
Expert:  Ameen Khan replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is Ameen and I'll be assisting you today. You have reached JustAnswer, an online question and answer company

Please note when the offer for Secure Remote Assistance appears, that is NOT REQUIRED (But Helpful)

I am sorry you are having this concern, I will do my best to help you today.

To answer your question ->

I suggest running a new scan for channels on your LG tv to restore those channels back

-----

I hope my answer was helpful to you and If you would like more assistance, feel free to message me back. I am here to help you. Kindly use the stars at the top of the page to rate my service with you.