info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

I have a tiny black dot on my tv but im not totally

Customer Question

I have a tiny black dot on my tv but im not totally convinced its a dead pixel
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Its about 2 years old. Sony kd55xf9005
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yep. Same problem whether watching tv or playing games. The reason i dont think its a dead pixel is because wen i take a photo and zoom in, it doesnt look like a dead pixel. To me i see the colour with black over it is ther a way i can send u a photo?
JA: How long has this been an issue with your KD55XF9005? What happened right before this?
Customer: So i had an issue with my screen, but got a new screen fitted through insurance. I noticed the problem from day one after getting it back but i left it because i thought it was jus dirt nd wud com off wiv a good clean
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have a photo if thers a way i can show you
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 1 month ago.

Welcome

I am sorry you are having trouble, it has to be a dead pixel as there is nothing else it can be, if its not affecting viewing at the recommended viewing distance its within tolerance, its not unusual for LCD TVs to drop pixels the manufacturing process is very critical so dropped pixels are acceptable

Let me know if you need more help

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Could you please have a look at the photo. I was told it could be a burn mark on defuser if that means anything
Expert:  info tech replied 1 month ago.

That is not little......a pixel is about 2 or 3 mm.... so if that looks bad, I am assuming you can see this from viewing distance? I agree with you now

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i can. It disrupts my viewing
Expert:  info tech replied 1 month ago.

You should complain and get the screen replaced again if necessary

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The first time i contacted them back, it had already passed 3 months. I tried complaining after that, but they claimed without seeing it, that it was most likely a dead pixel which is not covered. I tried to then argue that they fitted a new screen which should have some sort of guarantee but they did not budge. My last email to them was february.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Any ideas what it could be?
Expert:  info tech replied 1 month ago.

Its not a bad pixel ,its a flaw with the panel itself, a dead pixel is much smaller than that