info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

I need a TV screen repair ASAP please, Hitachi, Screen is

Hi I need a TV screen repair ASAP please
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Hitachi
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Screen is damaged
JA: How long has this been an issue with your Hitachi? What happened right before this?
Customer: It belonged to my late partner
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I like it done ASAP

Welcome

I do sympathise with you with this its actually a very common issue because of the fragility of the screen, but I am afraid the screen makes up two thirds the cost of the set and when you factor in labour costs then it will likely exceed the cost to replace the set as new, so in 95% of cases the panel (screen)is never replaced, if you got the set from Currys or similar and took out an all eventuality's insurance OR you have house contents insurance you should be covered for this?

The only value for the TV after that is the boards inside typically the main-board and power-board which could be sold on ebay or the set sold on ebay as a screen damaged set, an engineer or TV repair man may be interested because of those boards.

I am sorry I do not have better news

Let me know if you need more help,

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please continue
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cancel call please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It belonged to my late partner

You will not be billed for any call offer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok

.

info tech, Technician
Experience: Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience