info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

The picture on my tv is not filling the screen it has a

Customer Question

The picture on my tv is not filling the screen it has a blank black strip down each side
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: its Samsung modelUE46H7000ST approx 7 years
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Samsung
JA: How long has this been an issue with your MODELUE46H7000ST? What happened right before this?
Customer: I had been viewing a programme through sky which I put on hold .i had to go out and switched the tv off. On restarting the picture went small in centre screen. After resetting sky settings it is now full size verticulaly but reduced horizontall
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: the picture is normal when viewing without sky
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 2 months ago.

Welcome

Sorry you are having trouble the resetting of the sky box has likely put the box into 4:3 mode for the aspect ratio,you need to go into the settings of the sky box using the sky remote and make sure the aspect ratio/format setting is 16:9

Let me know if this is correct or not please

Anthony