Richard, Technician
Experience:  TV Engineer
32989067

My Panasonic 50inch plasma tv suddenly showed a horizontal

Hi my Panasonic 50inch plasma tv suddenly showed a horizontal rectangular line, whitish background and showing half screen
JA: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your 50?
Customer: I think so
JA: Was there a power outage recently?
Customer: During the rain yesterday
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TV. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV and any other devices connecting to the TV such as a cable box ect (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV and connecting devices, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The lines are still there after the unplugging

Can you disconnect everything from the TV, so cable box, Bluray player, Antenna ect

Then connect only the power, power it on and tell me how it then functions please

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Lines still there

I am sorry to hear that.

It is a Plasma driver that has faulted.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.