Richard, Technician
Experience:  TV Engineer
32989067

Nathan, my Toshiba 22av703g tv wont come out of panel lock

Hello Nathan,my Toshiba 22av703g tv wont come out of panel lock anymore, even with the remote and the manual from this site that i had found over google search before. ( https://www.manualslib.com/manual/527375/Toshiba-19av703.html?page=27#manual) My TV is black and I have a constant red light shining.The backstory of this:I was just exploring the settings on my tv after 10 years and I accidentally pressed on the panel lock feature last Friday. I, perhaps prematurely, turned off the TV by unplugging the power cable from the back of it. I plugged it back in and tried to turn it on via the side buttons, without knowing what a panel lock was.Today I got my remote control sent over from my dad's home, because I never used it really. Then I followed the instructions from the link. Nothing worked. I was also looking through how to get rid off a standby mode, because I might be in a standby mode too. At least the manual says, that you can go into standby mode during a panel lock and I had pressed all the side buttons wildly before I got the remoteAll help is kindly appreciated!

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TV. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV and any other devices connecting to the TV such as a cable box ect (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV and connecting devices, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, will do

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have just noticed something. When you talked about turning my back on again, should I do it via the side buttons or the remote, if that makes any difference.

Side buttons please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I plugged my power cable back in and pressed the power button, as I would do normally. The tv hasn't turned on.

Is the standby light showing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is showing a red light. I dont know yet, if that is considered a standby light though.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't used standby once during its entire use so far. That is why I can't tell really.

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mhhh, ok. Thank you very much for your help though!I guess those mysterical failures come out of the blue regarding electronics.

You are most welcome