info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

We have a Panasonic 40inch tv was fine until yesterday.

We have a Panasonic 40inch tv was fine until yesterday. There was a noisy crack type noise and it switched off showing only a red light. It seems that it will attempt to start with the green light flashing but won’t start up
JA: What device is not powering up?
Customer: The tv
JA: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?
Customer: I don’t think so, we had a couple of devices with the tv that appeared to wrap around the mains cable but not fitted
JA: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?
Customer: Yes, just, it flashed green for about 15 seconds then went to red
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The tv make is a Panasonic TX-P42ST30B

Welcome

I am sorry you are having trouble, is the power-light on the front of the set blinking 7 RED pause 7 RED pause and so on?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

Yes its classic failure of the buffers and scan boards I am afraid, so you are looking at two boards being replaced at the same time, the 7 blink error code means scan board failure , so what do you think about that so far? a tech to repair this could cost $300+ (please bear in mind the age of this set and the fact plasma is no longer supported anymore)