Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have a satellite dish for TV. Main TV is through Humax

Customer Question

I have a satellite dish for TV. Main TV is through Humax freesat box and we are getting no signal. The kitchen TV has built in freesat and is also cabled to the dish and this is working fine. Is the problem with the dish or what?
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: It is quite an old Panasonic with HD but no built in freesat. We have carried out a reset of the Humax box but have no signal and can't get any channels.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: The TV menu works offering options re sound, set up etc., but once we select the Humax box we get nothing. I don't know what you mean re sources/inputs?
JA: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been an issue with your Panasonic? What happened right before this?
Customer: We have had signal issues on and off for some time and our dish has been moved more than once as we are in an area with signal problems. What I don't understand is why we continue to have a signal in one room and not the other when they are from the same dish?
JA: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Are there charges for this support please?
Category: TV
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Our Satellite dish is supporting two TV's, one via a Humax Freesat box in one room and the other TV with built in Freesat in another. There are three cables to the dish. The TV with built in Freesat is working fine but we have no signal to the one via the Humax box. We have reset the box and it keeps saying that their is no signal and no channels can be found. What is my problem?
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 15 days ago.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I would rather leave it and have a refund please. I can get local advice in the morning.
Expert:  Nathan replied 15 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 15 days ago.

Please unplug power to your satellite box, for a minimum of 5 minutes.

Replug, wait 5 more for it to start back up, and see how it works from there.

Nathan

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Done this. No change. Still no signal to the tv through Humax box whilst the tv with built in is fine.
Expert:  Nathan replied 14 days ago.

Please confirm where the box is connected on back of the tv (hdmi1, hdmi2, etc) and ensure that the panasonic is on the correct input mode to match. If that is set properly, then this leaves only the possibility of a hardware defect in the box, which would need to be replaced at that point.

Given the age of the tv, and the cost of a new box, you may be better off investing in a new tv which would not even require a box at this point.

Nathan