Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan,
Experience:  Senior IT Support Specialist at Brookfield Asset Management
101830517

I have a LG television and since a power outage last week

Customer Question

Hello, I have a LG television and since a power outage last week the TV will not connect to my TalkTalk tv box or terrestrial networks. There is a message floating around the screen which says 'no signal' and on the Help menu it says the network is not connected. My broadband is working... What should I do?! Thank you!
JA: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?
Customer: No... it's too far
JA: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your router?
Customer: All lit or blinking except TV light which is not lit
JA: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i think that's it!
Category: TV
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
sorry - do I need to send you something? I don't know what the 'service offer' is..?
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
File attached (565Q3S5)
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
TV light is now flashing on my router
Expert:  Ameen Khan replied 18 days ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today. You have reached JustAnswer, an online question and answer company

I will do my best to help you today.

To answer your question ->

No signal means either the Video cabel feed is not working, the port on the tv or the box end is malfunctioning or the Talktalk box is not working. Ensure the box is active and turned on with an active network connection

-----

I hope my answer was helpful to you and If you would like more assistance, feel free to message me back before rating. I am here to help you. If you are satisfied with the answer, then kindly use the stars at the top of the page to rate my service with you.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Hi Ameen. Thanks. I have unplugged and plugged in the TV, disconnected and reconnect the cable between TV and talktalk box, and turned the talktalk box off and on again. I have also 'paired' the talktalk wireless connector plugs again. The TV light is lit up on the router but there is still no network connection. What would you suggest I do next?
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Please do not phone me - it's too expensive!
Did you see the image I uploaded?

only other way to find out if that Taltalk box is working is to plug that into another TV or monitor to tell if it is actually working - if not then you should get a replacement for that box from talktalk

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
you think its more likely to be the talktalk box and not the TV?

Yes, looks like, however, Hard to tell over chat, we have to use elimination, if the TV is on and displaying menus then the TV is fine, you did say no signal was showing no signal on the Talktalk box input

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
the input I normally use is called HDMI 2. That's what's not connecting. It's been this way since a power outage. When the power came back on, the input wouldn't connect... does this help you understand?
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
could the HDMI cable have somehow got damaged in the power cut?

Can you connect it to hdmi 1 and check then?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I will try now
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I've tried HDMI 1 and HDMI 3 and neither worked. I also tried with a different cable. What do you suggest?

What message are you getting on the screen? and did you switch the unput / source on the remote?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
34;failed to connect the network. Gateway is not connected. Gateway address is wrong or unavailable". Yes I switched the source on the remote.

You mean you can navigate and see the Talktalk box but cant connect to the internet?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
no that message is on the TV menu

The real concern is the talktalk box is not showing on the TV correct?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
that's right. the talktalk remote has no reponse

you mean the remote is not working? i was thinking the whole time you are saying the TV is not showing anything when the talktalk box is connected

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
No, you're right - it's as you have thought! - the TV says 'no signal', and when I use the TV remote go to the network menu it says "failed to connect the network. Gateway is not connected. Gateway address is wrong or unavailable"

Seems like an issue with your router blocking internet to the TV, i suggest calling your internet service provider to have them connected

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
the talktalk remote has no response because the talktalk box does not seem to be making contact with the
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
OK, I will call talktalk. thank you for your time.

You're welcome, Pleasure assisting you.

--

Hope that helps you out today, Kindly use the stars at the top of the page to rate my service with you. Thank you

If needed, feel free to message me back. I am here to help you. Pleasure assisting you.