Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

My bose, My Bose TV Solo sound system was working. Then it

My bose
JA: What Bose product do you have?
Customer: My Bose TV Solo sound system was working. Then it stopped (electronically rather than sound). I separated it from the TV for a month and by chance plugged it in a few weeks later to a wall socket in another room and the green light came on. So I reinstalled it and then a week later it stopped working again. What's wrong?
JA: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, meaning a faulty control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:
1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet
2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)
3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.
If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.
This is something that would require repairs to correct; though repairs for these units just isn't feasible. There are no parts available for them any longer and labor alone would be 2-3 times the cost of a new system.
I can help you with finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options, if desired.
My apologies for the news,

Nathan

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
There is no power button. It all works off the remote which has been replaced several months ago

There are a few different models/revisions of the solo system. Typically there is a button on the right hand side/edge of the soundbar.

if you don't have that, go ahead through the process but use the remote instead.

Nathan

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I DID THAT BUT IT STILL DOESN'T WORK.

Thank you for trying,

this does then confirm an internal hardware defect as we discussed earlier and again at this point it would need to be replaced. They are simply not economical to repair outside of the warranty.

My apologies for the news,

Nathan

Nathan, Installer
Experience: Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thanks anyway

You’re very welcome!

My goal is to give you the best experience possible. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan