info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

I have a Panasonic TX-24C300B and it randomly turns itself

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic TX-24C300B and it randomly turns itself on during the night, I am not sure why? I have SkyQ connected to it only. Can you help?
JA: How old is your Panasonic appliance?
Customer: Approx 5 years
JA: How long has this been going on with your Panasonic appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Not sure how long as only aware if I get up in night.. I have looked at TV menu but nothing there that I can see would help so haven't pushed any buttons!
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No that's it
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 14 days ago.

Welcome

I am sorry you are having trouble, how long has this been happening for please? was it previously OK?

Anthony

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I don’t know how long it has been going on as TV is in a separate room to bedroom/lounge and I am only aware of it if I get up in the night and notice a blue light emanating from my study which is where the tv is located. I have owned TV for approx 4 years
Expert:  info tech replied 14 days ago.

Its likely that the automatic software update option is switched ON in the settings menu you will need to switch this OFF if you do not want the set coming on in the early hours looking for software, if you do not find it then let me know

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
In Settings>Setup>More>Software upgrade>Automatic scanning I have changed this to Disabled. Is that what you mean as I cannot see a Software update option menu?
Expert:  info tech replied 14 days ago.

Yes that is it, you should find now that the set will not come on, about once a month do a manual upgrade just to keep level with any software that may be released if the set is older than 2 years then there is no need because it will have all the upgrades