info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

I have a Samsung smart tv and have suddenly got a strip down

Customer Question

I have a Samsung smart tv and have suddenly got a strip down the left hand side of the screen which seems to be the distorted picture form the right hand side. I've tried resetting the whole thing but to no avail. Any ideas? Many thanks andy
JA: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your Samsung TV?
Customer: An HDMI from the satellite dish and one for an iPad
JA: Was there a power outage recently?
Customer: Not that I know of
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 12 days ago.

Welcome

Could you please let me know the model number of the set found on the back of the set? also let me know the sets approx age please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
model no: UE49MU6400. Had it for approx 3 years.
Expert:  info tech replied 12 days ago.

Would it be possible for you to upload a photo of this to here using the "add files" button?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
here you are
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
File attached (LV5T7SM)
Expert:  info tech replied 12 days ago.

I am afraid that is very likely to be a bad LCD panel (the screen) there is an outside chance of the t-con board that drives the panel is bad but I would say in my experience that its the actual panel ITSELF unfortunately as with 99% of panel failure issues its not an option to replace the panel because it makes up two thirds the cost of the set, what you should do is complain vehemently to samsung via the website as the set is only 3 years old.

Sorry for dismal news on this let me know what you think

Anthony

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Many thanks for that. Thought it might be terminal. I shall take it up with Samsung. Thanks again.
Expert:  info tech replied 12 days ago.

You are welcome

Anthony