Josh
Josh, Customer Service
Experience:  dasdasd
50836188

I have a Samsung curve smart tv (although not the smart tv

Hi there, I have a Samsung curve smart tv (although not the smart tv buttons as I don’t use that function) but for the past week the volume has stopped going up or down, stays at 21, and the mute sign keeps flashing on my tv although it is not on mute. Do you know how I can fix this?
JA: Are all the cables at the back of your Samsung TV connected tightly to the right sockets?
Customer: Yes they’re all good
JA: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?
Customer: HDMI, however the volume problem consists on all platforms (tv where hdmi isn’t used)
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: if it helps at all I think the model is BN59-01268D

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Please note that the steps below may not resolve the issue initially but I am happy to assist you further if necessary.

-------

Unplug the power cord to your TV

Wait 10 minutes

Plug it back in and power on

Wait 5 minutes

Check to see if your issue continues and let me know the results

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
The issue is continuing
  1. Open Settings, and then select General.
  2. Select Reset, enter your PIN (0000 is the default), and then select Reset.
  3. To complete the reset, select OK. Your TV will restart automatically.
  4. If these steps don't match your TV, navigate to Settings, select Support, and then select Self Diagnosis.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
This also doesn’t work

What exactly does not work?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
The volume won’t turn up or down from 21 and the mute sign is continuously flashing

Are you using the TV remote?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
have tried with the remote and using the button on the tv

Which step did not work?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
None of the steps work

You are not able to complete step 1?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I have tried to reset the the sound. The problem still exists after words. I have completed all the steps you’ve said and it’s still not working sorry

Did you actually complete the steps or were you unable to complete them?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I have actually completed them

How old is the TV?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
2/2.5 years

Unfortunately, the issue that you are having is a hardware failure and due to the age of the unit and the issue, it would be cheaper to replace it than to repair it.

I apologize that I had to deliver the bad news to you. Please understand that we do not like to deliver bad news because our rating on the site is based on the feedback of our customers so bad news situations are difficult to deal with. Thankfully, a large majority of our customers are understanding that we are just messengers in the situation and do not take it out on the rating system.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ahh no worries thought that might be the case. Thanks for your help

You're welcome!

-------

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating!

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know otherwise you can close the question by rating my services as 3-5 stars at the top or bottom of this page (or using the rate this expert option if you are on mobile)