Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My TV has stopped working. It was working for several years,

My TV has stopped working. It was working for several years, but since I moved it to the Kitchen, the TV doesn't turn on when you press the On button on the remote or TV. Nothing is displayed. Any advice please on how to fix the TV. Many thanks

Hello, my name is***** am one of the JustAnswer.com techs who is going to help you today
I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with TV
I need the following info to troubleshoot the problem;

• What is the complete Model Number of the TV you are having the issue with?

The Model Number would be written on a label pasted on the back cover or the side panel of the TV

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Model Number of the TV is attached on this screenshot below

Thanks for the model number info

• Does the power indicator light on the TV respond when pressing the power button?
  • Does the screen glow/ show light inside or any graphics appear when turning On the TV power?
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
1) Yes the power indicator light responds when pressing the power button
2) No the screen does not glow, and does not show light inside, and no graphics. Nothing is shown on the screen.

Thanks for the info

It seems either the power supply board or the TV mainboard has got an internal failure which is causing the problem, sorry for this news

It needs to replace the faulty board on the TV to resolve the issue. Please contact the local TV repair shop to get a repair estimate that will help you to make a decision about this TV's repair or invest that money in a new replacement TV

I hope this info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask
Thanks for using JustAnswer