How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dan Your Own Question
Dan, Broadcast Engineer
Category: TV
Satisfied Customers: 4447
Experience:  15 years as a Broadcast/IT Engineer with the local CBS affiliate.
Type Your TV Question Here...
Dan is online now

I have a Panasonic TX-49ES5038 TV. I want to connect my

This answer was rated:

I have a Panasonic TX-49ES5038 TV. I want to connect my Philips DVD player to it, The most efficient way appears to by by HDMI. Is there a HDMI socket on that TV. If so, where, as I can't find it.
JA: How old is your TX-49ES5038?
Customer: January 2018
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes, the menu works. It used to be connected via two audio cables (one red and one white) and three cables (green, blue and red) marked "Y" "Pb" and "Pr".
JA: How long has this been an issue with your TX-49ES5038? What happened right before this?
Customer: We had a repair done involving changing some LEDs as the screen was getting bluer. The TV was not under the three year warranty as I had not sent the form in when purchased new.
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, my name is*****'m sorry to hear you are having problems. I do not offer phone support, so please chat with me here.

Please check the attachment for the location of your HDMI ports.

Dan and other TV Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank you found them. The only problem is they are both being used : one for the sound bar and one for the Sky box. Is it viable to get a device that can plug into one socket and use for two cables. (a splitter?)