Dan
Dan, Broadcast Engineer
Experience:  15 years as a Broadcast/IT Engineer with the local CBS affiliate.
1567601

I have a Panasonic TX-49ES5038 TV. I want to connect my

I have a Panasonic TX-49ES5038 TV. I want to connect my Philips DVD player to it, The most efficient way appears to by by HDMI. Is there a HDMI socket on that TV. If so, where, as I can't find it.
JA: How old is your TX-49ES5038?
Customer: January 2018
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes, the menu works. It used to be connected via two audio cables (one red and one white) and three cables (green, blue and red) marked "Y" "Pb" and "Pr".
JA: How long has this been an issue with your TX-49ES5038? What happened right before this?
Customer: We had a repair done involving changing some LEDs as the screen was getting bluer. The TV was not under the three year warranty as I had not sent the form in when purchased new.
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, my name is*****'m sorry to hear you are having problems. I do not offer phone support, so please chat with me here.

Please check the attachment for the location of your HDMI ports.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank you found them. The only problem is they are both being used : one for the sound bar and one for the Sky box. Is it viable to get a device that can plug into one socket and use for two cables. (a splitter?)