Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Tv EU50J5500. Brought back to UK from Malta I can't tune it

Tv EU50J5500. Brought back to UK from Malta I can't tune it to UK it just comes up Italy and won't let me tune to UK so all programs start in the hundreds and not from number one
JA: How old is your EU50J5500?
Customer: I got it in 2016
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Tv menu works but I don't know what I am doing
JA: How long has this been an issue with your EU50J5500? What happened right before this?
Customer: When I moved back to uk last week it just says country Italy and It won't change to UL
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I don't think so

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Are you not seeing a UK option to select in the first place? Or it is there but grayed out and you can't highlight it?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I have know idea what I am doing you will need to talk me through from the beginning I have the tv on and all the channel are on but it will not start at number one so I can't use the numbers to finer channels

To start, go into the tv setup menu, under support/diagnostics, and then to Reset (factory reset), using pin 0000.

After that it will restart and prompt you through the initial setup step again. If it still wont' let you choose UK, then this model is simply not capable of this and will not be compatible with the local uk broadcasts. In that case you would either have to replace the tv, or purchase an external set top box instead, like this: https://amzn.to/3c0S2RU

Nathan

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I have got to the menu in set up it say select country you are in now and it say Italt and I can't change it
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Ok Nathan thanks

Thank you for checking,

as I expected, you won't be able to change it then, it is region restricted based on the area for which it was manufactured and sold, so you'll need to purchase one of the external boxes like I mentioned, or replace the tv with a new one.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thanks for trying Nathan have a good day

You're very welcome and have a nice day!